Friday, August 3, 2012

$10 Birthday...

So instead of getting my sweet husband a present I decided to surprise him with a fun birthday. I spent less than $10 to do it!!! I do have to admit that I had packing tape that i used and paper towel rolls etc. so if I would have had to buy those things it would have been more but still it was a fun birthday for the price.
 Start of the day
I made cinnamon rolls, Dan really enjoys them so I made them the day before :) It was a nice breakfast for two!

















While Dan was at work I frosted and decorated the cake and took it to Dan at work. His coworkers enjoyed cake and they sang, quite horrible if I do say so myself. It was fun anyway :)

 So a little messy but it worked... I did the writing and dots with food coloring and a tooth pic. It was double layered one was party chip and the other was carrot cake.


This is Samantha at work with Daddy :) She loves the rollers!!!



So the King of my castle deserved a fun birthday and here is what he came home to...










My sweet hubby is one of the best people I know and I wanted him to know that I love him :)
 
                                                                                                                                      I was going to do more embelishments on the door but I ran out of time! Man I hate that, but it still looks pretty good so I can't complain!!! One of my neighbors in the next building saved me by helping me put it up, I was struggling and couldn't have done it without her. It's true the Lord sends us what we need :)
Once he got inside...


 Homemade candle pillar (don't look to close it's a little lopsided) and jewles from the "treasury", "silver" plates (only a dollar, I was EXCITED when I found these!) and a goblet for the King :)

 And what's a castle without an coat of arms...


Every King needs his sword and shield!

 He got a crown too of course!
















 I love this man :) He makes me smile!!!

The King and his beautiful queen as well as the little princess...

 Samantha kept saying pretty? Pretty? She wanted the crown :)
                            Getting ready for dinner

Dinner, Yum!!!
                                          
Okay so I got a little lazy and just had Dan pick up a rotisserie chicken and a loaf of bread... what can I say I was busy lol I thought it fit the theme anyway though!

Every King needs his bling ;) I got him a ring pop.

And some sparkling cider for dinner.
Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Mango!
The Night finished with a trip to Coldstone!!!!

She was looking at the kid at the next table...

He was excited about his birthday Ice cream :)
All in all it was a good day! Happy Birthday to My Love and the King of my Castle!



These are all the befores... while I was working on it all. Lots of cardboard was hurt in the making of this project. LOL I had Dan bring cardboard home from work and he wondered what the heck I was doing :)
Hand cut letters from a Diaper box....


Found a pattern online... had to tweek it a little to make the front part a little bigger.



Spraying the sheild



Start of turret...

Adding detail...

There were more Ideas I had but I think Dan enjoyed it and that's what matters!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment