Friday, August 24, 2012

A town of Change...

I’ve been thinking as I walk along the streets of this little town I’ve have begun to call home, how much has changed. It seems that new shops are built daily, road work galore, and old houses being torn down and new apartments being put up. I often am sad to see the old houses, the ones with character that have been part of this little city for so long be torn down, I often have to remind myself that change is a good thing. In a manner I suppose I should think of all this like the city simply getting in shape and getting a new wardrobe to go along with all the hard work. The student population for the campus has exploded and there must be room made for them. Well enough with the chatter… here are some pictures of things I have noticed have changed in the almost 3 years since I’ve lived here and been married…
New apartments they are working on right by BYU Idaho campus!

One of the local grocery stores was extended A LOT

A little maternity store they put in...

This use to be Hogi Yogies I think they called it and then it was a little Chinese place now it's this!

The HUGE three story building they had started when Dan and I got here to school. It's beautiful inside and it's very big!

Men's housing

Woman's housing just down the road from us!

The men's housing just down the road....

more road work!



New sidewalks on campus...

So this is to the right of where my BFF lived when she was here... there use to be a house or two there..

More campus side walk updating....

To the left of where my BFF lived when she was here, again I think there was a house there... The house with the green roof was where she lived.

Across the street from that same house... again two or three houses are missing!

Another view to the left of it!

And this is the same place but if you look you can see all the way to the next street over... so there is a house or two missing there too!!!!

Some persons house.... I feel a new set of stairs and sidewalk coming!!!!

There use to be a little place called "The  Backyard" They had great fries there!!!! Sadly it's gone now! And the building next to this you can see is now a video store and a Jimmy Johns!


More construction down one of the side roads!


Our road a few weeks ago...

They tore up a TON of the road!

Samantha enjoys throwing rocks in the water and watching the men working.

Finally Paving and the finished product the side walk actually goes all the way up the hill now!!!!

Pretty sweet machine they had to flatten out the tar!

The finally finished new road! All the way from where I am at to the corner if you can see it!!!!

Building... apartments? The next street over...

The church building... it's been up for over a year now but it's still something that has changed since I've been here!

New woman's housing!

It's called the Ivy and boy is it EXPENSIVE!!!
Tore up the corner and are working on it...


This is actually tore up all the way up the street now!!!!

They put a roundabout it...

Old motel became Men's housing...

Hemmingway village.... fun shops like Gator Jacks and Kiwi Loco. Plus they are building on!

There use to be houses to the right of the house on the corner...

More houses torn out down the road...

and down another street!

Add caption

Seems like everything has to go!!!

Sadly this Scoops use to be one of Dan and I's favorite places called Twizleberry!!!

They expanded the cheap theater and it is now called Holiday 5 I think


New doughnut shop they put in awhile back...

Use to be Flapjacks... not anymore!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Try living there for 16+ years, then moving away for 10 years at a time, for 30+ years then coming back. But it's not all bad: several of my new best friends now call it home and now no matter how it changes, I have great people to see there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this thanks for posting so many pictures! Kevin and I definitely called Rexburg our home. It was so bitter sweet to leave. So much has changed in te one year we have been gone! I need to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true that the people are the really important part! Stephanie we would LOVE to see you if you are ever back in rexburg!!!! And Mama Briggs you too of course :)

    ReplyDelete