Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Men's hearts shall fail them"

Luke 21:  26
" Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."
      I have been thinking a lot about that phrase, men's hearts shall fail them. I have had some friends of mine who have had some hard circumstances come along. One the death of a husband and then in this same year the suiside of a son. And another friend a beautiful young woman who just went back to work after maternity leave of her third and her husband decideds to get a girlfriend on the side. I have to say I have a soft heart and it makes me very sad in both instances. I have been rather astounded as both of these cases involve members of the church. I am dumbfounded. The first friend after losing 2 loved ones in the same year has taken up drinking and partying, she still has 2 daughters still at home. In both cases I just sit and wonder how often were scriptures read as a family in the home, how often were simple yet gratitude filled prayers offered up, was the temple attended regularly? I am more and more convinced these things MUST be done. Just sitting here thinking on both of these very sad situations my eye brim with tears. Why must we be so short sited in this life!? For those blessed with eternity, blessed to know they have their family by their side for forever, why would you give that up? Love and peace, and joy do not have to be lost. I suppose I have not been married for very long but I try everyday to make sure my husband is content. To make sure he has everything he needs but even if I didn't he is steadfast and loyal.
       I was talking to a couple that is in our ward about this subject just last night after dinner. How looking at the world today is sad. Looking at the slip of morals and how so often the world (Satan) tells us there is nothing wrong with our "favorite sins".  Our friend was saying he was talking to his dad after looking at some class pictures of a high school in the area of the airport he was sitting in and in the first one all the guys are wearing button up shirts, ties and jackets, then next just shirts and ties and then all the way to the present where the people looked  scummy as he put it. He asked his dad why that was and his dad replied simply that people had stopped going to church. What a profound realization. That we find respect for our selves, through our dress or what have you, when we observe to keep the Lords commandments. Keep the Sabbath holy, don't' use the Lords name in vain and things from modern revelation avoid R rated movies, and things that can be addicting.
        I know without a shadow of a doubt that people NEED to be remembering the Lord daily. Even for those who are not "Mormon" (members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints) Prayers need to be said, scriptures need to be read and pondered, church needs to be attended. The Lord wants to bless us but he can't if we won't take the time to come to Him. For those who are members of the church Family Home Evening needs to be done, home and visiting teaching need to be done, attending the temple, and just giving thanks for all the blessings we do have. I hope especially during this Christmas season that people not just for a month but as a start to something new or good habits continuted that people find strength in the Lord that they look up with a brightness of hope and one of Love and Charity for all men.
         It is my testimony that the Lord blesses those in abundance who remember Him always. That we truly with be blessed more than we can comprehend if we are but willing to be obedient. And I say this in the name of my Savior Jesus Christ Amen.

http://lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#mens-hearts-shall-fail-them
 This is a link to a short video on this subject. I hope you enjoy it. It says there is trouble in our world but that there is a bright hope in our Savior.


This and many more LDS temples can be seen at www.ldschurchtemples.com/temples/  (For some reason I couldn't get the link to work right so you can either copy and paste or type it in) If you have any questions about "Mormons" you can check out mormon.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment